July 14, 2010

301 posts!

I began blogging Marbles Rolling on April 25, 2009. I was 35 weeks pregnant with Roscoe and intended to post about the final weeks of my pregnancy and then to share our journey as new parents with our family and friends. In the beginning, Andy even posted on a regular basis. I imagined that the blog would serve as a space where I might post weekly updates and pictures to more or less document Roscoe's milestones.

I had no idea how much I would grow to love my new hobby.

No Idea. Whatsoever.

Looking back there was a lot that I didn't know at 35 weeks.

Like how insanecrazy we would feel during the first year. Or how difficult it would be to surrender to my new role--a fact that came to me mostly in hindsight. Or how delicious motherhood can be. and is. except for when it isn't! A year of contradictions, with rewards too overwhelming and wild to put to words.

Writing has always been an outlet for me, but before I discovered blogging I hadn't found a format that made much sense for the way I like to write. I have so many journals, all blank. Diaries? check. I even tried a word document-type journal. Nope. Didn't work.

Turns out that blogging is for me! Not only do I enjoy it but I've kept up with it. I look forward to it, and despite my busy days I find (and savor) a sliver of it to jot down something that stood out for me.

Life is fun, and good, and every day is extraordinary--of course I know this to be true about my own life but, after reading and following the lives of other moms in the blogosphere, it appears to be universal.

I'm flattered that you've made Marbles Rolling a part of your weekly routine. I've enjoyed sharing my adventures and getting to know many of you through your own blogs.

In celebration of my 300th post I want to open up the floor:
Do you have any questions you've been wanting to ask?

Come out of hiding and post a comment! Or become a follower! I'd love to get to know more of you.

3 comments:

  1. 300?! Yay!
    I don't have a question ....yet. Just want to tell you that I really do enjoy your blog and hearing another mom's perspective. :)
    But I may have to stop reading (not really though) as you try for #2, 'cause i can feel baby fever coming on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have questions! What are your "must-have" baby items? Do you have any baby-related books that you have found very helpful? You once mentioned nursing on demand. Is there a method or a book that you follow? (I hope that last one isn't too personal!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of a question. Where did you get your blog title?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails