July 6, 2010

CSA Week 7

In this week's CSA bag I found:Sweet corn, cucumbers, swiss chard, patty pan squash, new potatoes, scallions, tomatoes, green peppers

This week's veggies offer some of the best variety we've seen all season and I'm bummed that we're leaving on vacation in just two days and will not have the opportunity to fully enjoy it.

Friends, get ready. I'm going to drop by with something to share!

Next week, since we'll be gone, my good friend Heidi--an avid baker and farmer's market guru--has agreed to pick up our share and make good use of it. Tune in next Tuesday to find out how she incorporated the vegetables into her weekly menu. I'm excited because she's very creative in the kitchen! And her daughter Lillian is an adventurous eater, just like Roscoe, so I anticipate some adorable baby and veggie photos!

The vegetable I enjoyed most this past week was definitely the beets. I had no idea they were so easy to handle, and the recipe I chose was no fuss: roasted beets with fleur de sel, olive oil, and fresh lemon juice. It was a rare treat to enjoy something from the earth in such pure form.

Have you ever tried beets? Did you like them?

Last week's recipes:
I shared the cucumbers and snow peas with my parents
Zucchini and squash: two loaves of zucchini bread
Turnips: mashed yellow turnips with crispy shallots --the crispy shallots were fantastic!! duh. Fried = delish.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to use your next weeks bag. I eat beets quite a lot. Steamed or Roasted. Both Red and Yellow. It's common but a classic mesclun mix with roasted beets and pecan crusted goat cheese and a simple honeyed vinaigrette is my favorite. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone knows that E-Liquid is made from all natural or chemical ingredients. You will find many companies that make different E-Liquids with nicotine and other chemicals in them. What you may not know is that Nicotine shots are in most of the E-Liquid that you can get today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from online shopping but one day my friend told me about an e-commerce store; trust me its incredible from every aspect either for home appliances or smart phones its all in one.
    Visit now.
    Mega Souk
    Online shopping pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails