June 9, 2010

Baby, meet Dentist

We went as a family, which made a usually unpleasant experience (in my opinion) slightly exciting, and definitely a lot more fun. For a long list of reasons I hadn't been to the dentist since before I got pregnant with Roscoe. With a potential pregnancy in the making, I want to be sure that I'm on top of my health and up to date with all my yearly check-ups--so the dentist was the first of many appointments scheduled throughout this month.

Roscoe has only four teeth, but he's over a year old so we thought it was a good time to introduce him to the twice yearly joys of professional dental care. Roscoe has his own toothbrush, and is a great mimic. Twice a day he brushes/chews on his mini toothbrush (with a little worm on it!) as we provide brushing instruction and demonstration.

He nurses throughout the night though, too, and so I wasn't surprised when the dentist suggested that I wipe his teeth with gauze after each feeding to prevent tooth decay--I think weaning him from the night nursing sounds more appealing than undertaking yet another midnight to-do.

While I had my teeth cleaned, a hygienist in the next room over brushed Roscoe's teeth and gave him a sticker.

I feel good to have overcome my anxiety about the dentist in order to model good preventive health for Roscoe. I love Roscoe's little bunny teeth, and I can't wait for the rest of his pearly whites to pop through!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that he's already supposed to go to the DENTIST!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails