June 16, 2010

I'm feeling lucky

Have you ever used an ovulation predictor kit?

We used one the month we got pregnant with Roscoe and I swear by them. I love the digital Clearblue easy tests because 24 - 36 hours before you ovulate you see this little cutie:

A smiley face! It's a perfect depiction.

I also highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Some people swear by fertility charting. I tried it for a month but decided that it's not my style. I prefer a combination of basic cycle tracking, OPKs, and (super easy!) monitoring of cervical changes.

Since my cycles returned in February, they've been as short as 26 days and as long as 34 days. I had my thyroid removed in 2008 and the medication that I take every morning replaces the hormone Thyroxine, which is normally produced by the thyroid. The dosing system is imperfect though, and sometimes my TSH levels are off--like they have been the last few months--which usually affects my cycles by making them longer. Not what I want right now!!

Hopefully, everything will go smoothly this month. Tomorrow I get to begin using the OPK! Each pack has seven tests so I hope I'm not starting too early.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck!Hopefully their is big news posted on your blog soon. We are not using a ovulation predictor but my cycles are pretty regular and the hubby and I are going on a 5 day vaca to Mexico next Wednesday and I should start ovulating THAT day and since I'm not on BC I imagine I will be posting another due date in the near future! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some comment love. I do recommend looking stuff up you'll be amazed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails