June 23, 2010

CSA Week 5

In this week's CSA bag I found:


OK. I'm getting a little bored with the snow peas, and cucumber--although I do have a yummy looking, if not calorie laden, cuke recipe courtesy of Ina Garten that I'm dying to try this week. Fortunately, Farmer John said this week will be the last for snow peas, and that the tomatoes, corn, and eggplant (yippee!!) are coming right along and should be ready for harvest soon. I'm also excited about using up those peppers. Cheesy jalapeno bread anyone?

I was very happy with my recipe choices last week--in particular, the yellow squash muffins, apple and orange salad, and broccoli really stood out. I'm really enjoying building up my library of salad dressings too!

Last week's recipes:
Yellow squash: Gorgeous squash muffins. These were really pretty and really yummy--even though I substituted yellow squash for butternut. I also made a cinnamon honey butter to go with them and it was a great combination!
Lettuce: garden salads with tomato, grated carrot, and avocado. Also this Mexican salad with creamy avocado dressing (SO GOOD--I added chicken to mine), and this really unique salad with honey garlic dressing (I added salt and cinnamon to my dressing and it was perfect for the summer)
Snow peas: sesame snow peas--Roscoe loved these, no surprise there!
Basil: homemade pesto pasta salad with cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzerella
Cabbage: indian style cabbage--I added shredded (unsweetened) coconut and it was a hit!
Broccoli: sweet baked broccoli--I think I could eat this for dessert!

The Roma Beans, and Patty Pan squash are still hanging around. I tried my best to use everything up this week, but those two remain. I'll be cooking them up in the upcoming week.

Have you experimented in the kitchen lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails