May 3, 2009

36 weeks

Susan, our midwife, came to the house this morning for my 36 week appointment.

Good news: I'm 80% effaced and 2 centimeters dilated!!

While dilation is not a good predictor of imminent labor, it's cool to confirm that the cramping and other symptoms I've been experiencing are effectively doing some of the work in advance of B-day. Susan seemed very optimistic and pleased with my progress--especially for 36 weeks. She said that she was able to feel the bulge of the amniotic sac, and his little head, which is just crazy!

The baby's heart rate was in the 130s and he's still favoring my right side. I had some labs drawn, and she checked out the supplies that we've put together (per the list we were given). We talked some about vaccinations, and newborn screenings.

From now on we'll meet with Susan once a week until Baby Sears makes his debut!

2 comments:

  1. OmG!! You are 2 centimeters dialated!! That boy's gonna come early... I can't wait!! YAAAAAY!! That was crazy to hear that "it" has begun!! LOL I'm so proud of you!! AND Andy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails