May 14, 2010

Heart Thumps

One of Roscoe's favorite books at the moment is The Noisy Zoo. One of the pages shows a big gorilla surrounded by orange peels, and when you push the gorilla's sound key a quick low thump-thump-thump-thump-thump can be heard to replicate the sound of a gorilla thumping his chest. It kinda reminds me of a heart beat.

All week I've been happily consumed with the final details of Roscoe's birthday party. Yesterday and today have been chock full of preparation for our little guy's big day. Last minute grocery runs, baking, arranging, and decorating--I am having so much fun orchestrating this event just for him, and I cannot wait for tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be beautiful.

It's been a special week too, because our geographically removed friends and extended family have been thinking of Roscoe and sending him lots of birthday wishes through the mail. Roscoe is loved by so many people. He is an extension of us, and I deeply feel all the kindness and affection that is shown to him.

Roscoe's party has a gorilla theme, and with every detail that I've tied with string, or iced, or wrapped, my love for my baby--who is practically a toddler--just grows and grows. I am so proud of this amazing little boy, and I can't believe that he was made and grown out of my and Andy's love for each other. It feels like we can't possibly love him tomorrow any more than we do tonight. Yet every morning I'm proven wrong.

He's not even 1 yet, how much bigger can our hearts grow?

1 comment:

  1. Yay - you're going to have a great day!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails