May 25, 2010

Birthday party follow-up

I've had a few inquiries about Roscoe's birthday party and wanted to answer your questions:

1. Those gorilla cookies are iced shortbread packaged in clear cello bags and tied with twine from Bake it Pretty. They made a perfect take-home favor for our guests.

2. Yes, that is a gorilla on our porch. A freestanding life-size cardboard cutout that I purchased online.

3. I made the "I'm One!" t-shirt that Roscoe wore to his party. I bought Hanes tees online and then followed this tutorial from Made. It was fun and easy, and the freezer paper stencil technique is so versatile!

4. That B&W photo of me, Andy, and Roscoe was taken at his birth. Ange from Swell Little Life has an etsy shop where she sells edible photo images from which you can create your own photo cakes and cookies! I actually won a contest she had a few months back, so I made a chocolate sheet cake and applied my prize! It served as our Happy (one year!) Anniversary treat. I'd also love to try individual cupcakes with photos of Roscoe's face on each one--too cute!

Thanks for asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails