June 9, 2009

9,861 days and many more!

As I sit in the car on the eve of my 27th birthday (Wow, I thought I was turning 26 until I typed that!) waiting for Jacqueline and R to return from a much anticipated La Leche League meeting, I am feeling nostalgic and thankful for life as I currently know it.

I have an amazing wife, a happy little son, and a lot of extras that so many others are not as fortunate to enjoy right now. So much has changed in the 10 years Jacqueline and I have been together, and yet the really important stuff remains the same.

Jacqueline is still the beautiful, bouncy-haired, California girl I met in high school—incredibly strong, independent, and free spirited.

We're still having so much fun, living the life we (more or less) dreamed and worked together to create.

And now, to top it all off, we have Roscoe, who brings with him a different set of challenges to navigate, but mostly happiness and joy, and a new appreciation for the fact that life will never again be what it was before he arrived.

I'm looking forward to the coming year and all that we get to experience as a new family of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails