June 14, 2009

25 down!

In an effort to jump start my pregnancy weight loss, I joined Weight Watchers 6 days postpartum. Halfway through the first week, it was clear that the pounds were going to come off regardless of how closely I stuck to my points allowance. So, while I kept track of my intake, I modified neither the type of food that I ate, nor the quantity.

After 3.5 weeks of free-for-all eating, I think I'm ready to get serious.

Part of me doubts my ability to truly focus on the nutrition piece until I'm back in a routine at the gym. For me, the two have always gone hand in hand. At earliest, I'm probably looking at next week since my ability to leave the house to work out is contingent on my and Roscoe's ability to master breastfeeding in order to introduce a bottle without compromising his latch. There is such a thing as "nipple confusion", and I want to avoid it! This is tricky stuff!

My fingers are crossed that we'll be well situated in the next week or two.

So, in the name of accountability, I'm posting that I have 15 pounds left to lose, and that tomorrow is start day!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails