November 16, 2009

1, 2, 1

I went to my first boxing class Saturday afternoon and it was fantastic!

Roscoe, Andy, and I arrived to the gym 10 minutes before the class started. I signed a waiver, then excused myself to give Roscoe a last minute top-off. I made it quick, and had just enough time to wrap my hands and grab my gloves.

The workout began with jumping rope for 5 minutes, followed by a variety of ab exercises that my poor post-baby body found to be quite a challenge. Next, a series of three minute "rounds" of various combinations of punching, interspersed with opportunities to freestyle on the heavy bag that hung from the ceiling. Push-ups, squats, jumping jacks, lunges, and more abs were thrown into the mix, and a cool down with stretching finished off the hour.

I was SOLD and signed up for a membership on the spot. I haven't been that sweaty, happy, or energized in a long time!

Update: my triceps are so sore and tight that I can't bring my hands to my shoulders. Payoff! :)

2 comments:

  1. Did u know there's a LA Kickboxing a couple blocks from AAMC now? So if you ever have to be in the office and need to go let out some aggression (!), you can work out up here, too! I actually brought clothes this morning, cuz I'm thinking about going to take a free class...I dunno--might be a bit too active for me, but might also be good for me to let out some frustration, too! ;-) Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! It moved in towards the end of my pregnancy. I actually stopped in and asked about becoming a member but decided against it, considering. I hope you went today--I'm interested to hear what you think about it. I think you'll enjoy it, it's pretty much go at your own pace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails