December 15, 2009

Is it the New Year yet?

The New Year Resolution. I've never taken it seriously. It's just a construct, however deeply rooted and everlasting.

Never one to scoff at a clean sheet of paper, this year, January 1 feels like an opportunity. In fact, this year I kind of get it. This year I resolve to lose these last 7 pounds.

I'm two weeks early, but a resolution pre-order is all I can muster. I apologize to myself for being completely unmotivated when the winter chill is extreme, the tree is all a sparkles, and treats are abundant.

Maybe the maternity rider that I just added to our insurance will be the extra kick in the butt that I am clearly lacking.

Yes, I must just get through the next two weeks of food, and festivities. January 1 will be here before I know it, and then I will be ready. I sincerely hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails