February 18, 2011

True love, 4-ever

My day was made when I opened my inbox Saturday morning to find the message, "Andy + Jacqueline: Happy Valentine's Day to one of my favorite couples!".

A graphic designer friend of mine, who has over the years shared her talent with us on several occasions, indulged us with a replica print of an inspiration piece she spied online. I wish I had artistic talent and Adobe Illustrator know-how!


I think I love silhouettes almost as much as Jessa does (remember that fun plate we made for Roscoe's grandma?). It brought a smile to my face to hear of her early memory sitting patiently underneath the bright hotness of the living room lamp with her little brother by her side, as her mother carefully traced their shadows.

The gift was such a sweet gesture, and now I'm dying to send her some photos to make a silhouette to celebrate my two boys and the start of their brotherhood. Or of our dog. Or of my pregnant belly. (Wouldn't it be cool to have a 9 month series?)

Jessa, can you hear me?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how special! I love that!
    I have a weak spot for silhouettes as well. I have a wall in our family room that I hung each of our silhouettes on and I hope to watch it grow more cluttered over the years!! Here is a link to a post I did on it a while back...
    http://thetullyfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/family-decor_11.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails