April 8, 2011

Photographing life, Merritt's newborn photoshoot

Today was Merritt's official due date. Did I really give birth to him 7 full weeks ago?!

Our intention to have Merritt's birth photographed was thwarted by his surprise arrival, and we hoped equally as much to have our homecoming captured on the day he was discharged from the hospital.

Unfortunately, that didn't work out either.

Instead, Mel came to our place soon after we were settled, and what she captured really warms my heart. Truly. The joy of now has all but snuffed out the agony I felt during the four weeks that followed Merritt's birth. We reunited seamlessly, and nothing that came before seemed to matter much.

These photos are my proof, and it feels so good to be home.


Check out the slideshow here. And Mel's blog post all about us here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, these were all so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! What are your plans for the prints? A book? For the wall? Really happy life has settled back into new-normal for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos! I loved all of them! Merritt has such a cute little head of hair...I love how it's kind of curlyish :) And Roscoe was way to cute "nursing" his doll, lol! Lilah hasn't done that yet, which shocks me because she mimics everything we do these days. Glad to hear that life has settled down for you guys and all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really had to hold back the tears. These are simply amazing. Took me back for a moment. Enjoy every moment with you two guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails