April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day


I've been dreaming of gardens for a while, probably because we don't have enough space in our yard to accommodate one. But no matter because I've recently been reading about "container gardening" and I've learned that you can grow just about any fruit or vegetable in a plain ol' pot.

Today Roscoe, Merritt, and I set out to do some preliminary research at the local nursery. Roscoe made out with some free ice cream and jimmies (even though it was raining and in the 50s), and I was inspired by the huge variety of fruit, veggie, and herb seedlings available.

This is going to be our family project for Mother's Day and I'm really excited to start mapping out the details between now and then. Roscoe and I will have a ball tending to our little pots this summer.

1 comment:

  1. It's true - even if you only grow herbs in pots, it's so fun and saves a ton of money if you ordinarily use a lot of basil, cilantro, etc... mmmm I can't wait for fresh basil!

    We have a tiny garden, like a 1 1/2 by 8 ft. strip alongside the house, but it grew a ton of kale and green beans last year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails