December 20, 2010

Momma's Monday Check-in: 24/40

Note: McFatty Monday's is no longer! Instead I will post Momma's Monday Check-in. Join me as I eat and exercise my way through the next 16 weeks.

Due Date: April 8, 2011

Total weight gain: 13.5, last I checked.
Cravings/Aversions: none
Sleep: We're all still struggling to get well after three weeks of shared illness. Sleep has suffered.
I can't live without: A nice break from reality every now and then. A warm weather escape is going to be just the thing we need.
I miss: Running. It's a guaranteed calorie burn/feel-good workout. Even though it's cold outside I don't like knowing that I probably couldn't do it comfortably, even if I really wanted to.
I am looking forward to: Christmas in Florida! Disneyland was a childhood staple in our house, and I can't wait to experience it again for myself, but also to share the magic with Roscoe.
Best moment this week: The nursery is 75% complete!! The curtains are hung, the walls painted, shelving installed, and the main pieces of furniture are in place. I think I might have a new favorite room in the house. Roscoe's nursery got a toddler makeover and now he has a newly organized space with plenty of room to rough and tumble. The boys' rooms are side-by-side and I love to stand in between the two and take both in at once.
Milestones: For the first time when the baby moved I could feel both sides of my belly moving--he's taking up the space now!
Movement: Lots!
Gender: Boy!

Exercise: After all the great comments I received last week to encourage me out of my workout slump, I was finally moved to buy a few new items from fit2bmom--they're having a sample sale! This week I'm hoping a change in environment and warmer weather will entice me to work out and counter all the Christmas treats that I plan to consume.

Diet: I'm glad that January 1 will bring a new beginning and a mental restart for my diet/nutrition goals.

Goals for the upcoming week: Have fun!

Belly Shot:

Hey! Good start, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and a full body circuit! All before 8:30am.

Labor Signs: None

2 comments:

  1. CUTE outfit! I love it - I'm going to have to look into that line for my next pregnancy - my first I did what you were doing - trying to fit into things that weren't so cute! You're right that if you have a couple kids and exercise throughout the whole pregnancy, it's totally money well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is one of those pre-pregnancy ones that I'm hating right now, but thanks :) I have to wait for the new goodies to arrive in the mail. The silliness for me not to have made the investment in maternity exercise wear is so obvious. The problem is that most stores are online and I always feel unsure about buying clothes without trying them on first. Oh well. I must start somewhere and a sample sale is a great place!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails