January 15, 2012

I need a roommate for Blogher '12!

I bought tickets to Blogher '12 as an early birthday present to myself and to kickstart my creative and professional flow as I enter into my fourth decade--yes, I'm turning 30 in August.

While I've wanted to attend a blog conference since the early days of Marbles Rolling, the timing has never been right.  I've had many ideas for this blog, big and little, that have remained unpublished for all kinds of reasons--fear, lack of time and commitment on my part, life with two under two.

I have a plan now to quit my job in the Spring (I know I've said this before!! Three different times, actually, but this time I'm really doing it!) and so I'm gearing up for some really exciting personal and professional opportunities and I'd really like my blog to follow along.  I signed up for an all day pre-conference event called PathFinders and I'm hoping to use it to finally realize my vision for this online space.

I'm looking forward to owning more fully the part of me that loves to write, alongside other women who share passion for putting words to experience and dreaming big from our little corners of the world. I can't wait to meet some new friends and see where this blog can take me, and perhaps more importantly, how I can use this platform to share more of myself as an advocate and educator (professional stuff that I don't write about here).

Perhaps the biggest thrill is that I'm leaving the kids at home with their dad. I've never left them before and I feel both brave and scared to be making the trip alone.  I'm a little nervous about how my nursling will fare while I'm away, but there are seven months between now and then.

All of this to say that I would like to find a roommate for the week.  Blogher is in New York this year and of course the hotel is as amazing as the price is steep.

If you're heading to Blogher too, and would be interested in rooming for all or part of the stay, please email me at marblesrolling AT gmail DOT com.

I hope to see some of you there!

4 comments:

  1. I won't be attending Blogher, so I can't help you there, BUT I just had to write and tell you that the tree in Roscoe's nursery was in my US Weekly this week (US is my guilty pleasure :)). The actress Lindsey Stone put it up in her newborn son's nursery and there was a little feature on him. I've always really loved that tree, so I saw it and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Trendsetter :) Just kidding. I love that tree and have thought about it a lot since we moved. Weird to be so emotionally connected to wallpaper, but I wish we could have scraped it off the wall and brought it with us. Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to look up the article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a roommate... I'll be checking in Wed and out Sun. hamletsmistress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking to room with someone who has a room at the Hilton
    Eaglesforjack @ gmail . Com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails